Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
This is a great on-the-go snack! You can make these on a Monday and keep them in the fridge to snack on during the week. They are super easy to make and the desiccated coconut is a great source of healthy fats.
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup almond flour, more as needed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients in a food processor. Pulse until well combined.
- Roll into desired shape (about 1 tablespoon)
- Store in an air tight container and refrigerate
This recipe is inspired by Food Babe