Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
Pistachios are one of my favorite nuts and they are not only super tasty but they contain protein, fiber and healthy fats which makes them a healthy snack too! Using them to cover this chocolate and orange ball adds an extra salty crunch which is why I love this treat!
- 1 Cup pitted dates
- 1 Cup almonds, grinded
- ½ orange (juice only)
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ Cup pistachios, unsalted, finely chopped
- Place all the ingredients except pistachios in a food processor.
- Pulse on high speed until the ingredients come together.
- Form mixture into balls and roll them in the chopped pistachios.
- Allow to rest in the refridgerator for at least 1 hour.
This recipe is inspired by Sweet Paul