Every other week, Nikita heads to the kitchen to test out recipes we think the mang’Oh community will love. As a twist on the usual healthy fare, our recipes are usually sweet treats that incorporate an abundance of fruits, veggies, whole grains and nuts. We believe that “real food” treats eaten in moderation can add some fun and variation to a healthy, plant-based diet. We hope you’ll try them out and let us know what you think!
- 3 cups coconut flakes
- 2 cups mixed chopped nuts ( I used walnuts, pecans, almonds, hazel)
- 2 tablespoons chia seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 cup cacao powder
1. Preheat oven to 120ºC / 250°F and line a baking tray with baking paper.
2. Combine all ingredients, then spread evenly on the tray.
3. Bake for about 20-25 minutes until golden, turning halfway through the cooking time (the darker, the crunchier)
4. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
5. Store it in an airtight container in the freezer or cupboard
This recipe is inspired by I Quit Sugar